Meal prep can be the key to achieving your fitness goals but even with all the preparation in the world, it can often it can be difficult to get all the protein you need into your diet. Especially if you’re trying to follow a healthy, plant-based, vegan diet. These Sweet potato, Sundried Tomato and Chilli Protein Falafels are so quick to make, freeze really well, and are the perfect way to add clean protein, healthy fats and loads of veggies into your salads and food bowl.
300g sweet potatoes
1 red onion
3 tablespoons of ground flax seed
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
400g can of cooked organic chickpeas, drained
50g sundried tomatoes
1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon Chilli, fresh or dried
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons of PhytoPro Thrive Unflavoured pea protein isolate
5 tablespoons of chopped herbs: coriander, basil, parsley or a combination work well
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Salt to taste
1. Peel and chop sweet potato and red onion. Blitz together with ground flaxseed in a blender or food processor until a coarse texture is obtained.
2. Place into a mixing bowl and stir in crushed garlic
3. Place chickpeas, sundried tomatoes, chilli, tahini, lemon juice and pea protein powder in blender and blend until a thick paste is formed.
4. Combine paste with chopped sweet potato and red onion mix. Stir in herbs of choices, cumin, coriander and salt and mix gently.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop some of this mixture into your hands, roll into a ball, lightly flatten with the palm of your hand and place onto an oven sheet or plate lined with baking paper.
6. Chill for 20 minutes before shallow frying in coconut oil for 8 minutes on each side.