Garlic lovers will know that there’s a place to pay for loving the healthy but smelly vegetable. We all fear having bad breath and sadly eating foods laden with things like garlic or onions isn’t the best idea when you’re having a romantic evening or need to spend the rest of the day in an office with your colleagues. But that doesn’t mean you should shy away from eating the pungent beauties, new Garlict capsules stop odours associated with eating garlic and onions before they have a chance to embarrass you, giving you the confidence and freedom to eat what you like without considering your work and social calendar. To get you started on your no holds barred road to garlic appreciation, Garlict has shared this delicious recipe for Parmesan, Basil and Garlic Spaghetti – it’s a garlic lover’s dream dish and is sure to get your mouth watering.
Parmesan, Basil and Garlic Spaghetti
150g butter (salted or unsalted)
3 cloves garlic, minced
30g fresh basil, finely chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 pinch salt 1 pinch black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chili minced (optional)
2 tablespoon Parmesan shavings
1) In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the product instructions, drain well but do not rinse the pasta after cooking (be sure not to over cook the pasta)
2) In a large pot, combine the butter, garlic, salt, pepper and chilli (optional) over medium heat until the butter has completely melted. Using a whisk stir the mixture until the bubbles/foam disappear and the butter turns golden brown.
3) Add the cooked pasta, grated Parmesan and basil to the butter mixture. While on the heat stir the sauce through the pasta until well mixed.
4) Flash fry the pasta for 1-2 minutes on a medium to high heat before removing from the heat.
5) Stir pasta once more and serve immediately, garnish with Parmesan shavings
Don’t forget to take 2 Garlict capsules after your meal!