Last night was the first of two shows of Paolo Nutini live in Cape Town and after watching this incredible musician live I felt compelled to inform all the WomenStuff readers out there – both in Cape Town and Joburg to buy a ticket to catch him live in concert before he jets off back to Europe! If you’re not familiar with the singer-song writer then get ready for an education because you don’t want to miss this opportunity to see him live at Kirstenbosch Gardens or Emmarentia Dam.
I have been a fan of Paolo Nutini since he released his first album, These Streets way back in 2006. Nutini’s incredibly unique voice (which is gospel-esque) and is rugged good looks quickly made him a fan-favourite across the globe. He released two more albums, Sunny Side Up in 2009 and Caustic Love in 2014 and while his success continued to grow he is one of those artists that I never expected to see in South Africa. While the show was packed last night, Paolo Nutini manages to fly under the radar. For some strange reason, his music is very seldom played on our local radio stations and his appeal isn’t ‘big’ enough for someone like a Big Concerts to bring out.
Luckily for us, Seed Experiences has stepped up their game in the last few years and has decided to expand their Rocking the Daisies game plan to include smaller and more intimate concerts throughout the year. Thanks to them we now get to see the likes of Ben Howard and George Ezra live in our cities and for many music fans it is a dream come true. So, a big kudos to See Experiences for organising yet another a spectacular event!
But let’s get back to Paolo Nutini and his performance last night and the 5 reasons why you need to get your ticket to see him live tonight, Thursday 19 March in Cape Town or in Joburg on Saturday 21 March.
1. He is absolutely incredible live – After a almost 2 hours of performing this man’s voice does not crack and he is even better live than on his recorded albums.
If you don’t believe me then watch this clip of him performing “No Other Way” live:
2. The setting is beautiful – How often do you get to sit and just chill out at a concert? The Cape Town and Joburg shows are picnic events and allow for concert goers to just sit back, have a glass of wine and enjoy the show. There’s are no drunk idiots or pushy fools at this event, it’s all about the music.
3. Experience live remixes of your favourite Paolo Nutini songs – Paolo reworks some of his biggest hits and offers fans a new take on the songs they have come to know and love. If this live show came as a DVD you would be clambering to buy it.
4. It’s a great date – if you’re in the mood for a super romantic date with your special someone then this is it! Nutini’s music is made for soft kisses in the moonlight and all that other romantic stuff. Couples in the crowd where loving the vibe last night and some even got up to slow dance on the grass (swoon).
5. It’s less than R500 – when you consider that you have paid anything between R600 – R1000 to see The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and many other big international acts live, then 500 bucks isn’t that much money to see a super talented singer-songerwriter from across the pond.
Now that you’ve made up your mind that you are going to see him, all that’s left to do is visit Webtickets and purchase a ticket now. There are still a few left so hurry, hurry, hurry!