Everyone deserves a treat every now and then and these good old fashioned crumpets, with a twist, are the perfect breakfast treat for any health conscious lass. Sedgwick’s Original Old Brown has found a way to make modern-day, mouth-watering, gluten-free coconut crumpets in a few easy steps and we just had to share the recipe with you. Try this delicious recipe this weekend and impress your family and friends.
Gluten-free coconut crumpets with honey and Old Brown sauce
Serves 4 to 6
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
½ tablespoon salt
Butter for frying
Old Brown Honey sauce:
½ cup Sedgwick’s Original Old Brown
¼ cup honey
¼ cup sultanas
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs for about two minutes or until frothy. Mix in the milk, vanilla and honey.
2. Combine the coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the coconut flour forms a smooth batter.
4. Lightly grease a pan with butter. Ladle a few tablespoons of the batter onto the pan to form each crumpet. Spread them out slightly using the back of a spoon. The crumpets should be fairly thick.
5. Cook for a few minutes on each side over medium heat, flip each crumpet over until each side is slightly brown.
6. Heat the Sedgwick’s Old Brown and honey in a saucepan over low heat, stir until warm.
7. Add the raisins and the sultanas to the sauce, remove from the heat and keep it covered.
8. Let the sauce cool down for 20 minutes and stir in the almonds.
9. Serve the sauce over the coconut crumpets and enjoy!
For more great recipes say Hi to Sedgwick’s Old Brown on Facebook.