If you’re tired of the big screen, bigger phone trend and just want something, compact and cute to pop into your handbag then it’s worth exploring the world of compact devices. Due to popular demand from customers many of the big cell-phone players are now producing smaller, more compact versions of their flagship devices. But don’t think for a minute that these little guys are any lesser than their siblings; often these devices are big on specs and small on size and Sony’s Xperia Z1 Compact (the little sister of the Sony Xperia Z1) is no exception. Crystal gives us the low-down on the device and whether or not we should make the switch to compact.
I’m a big phone of the compact phone trend and am loving that the big players are giving customers more and more choice when it comes to choosing a smartphone. A few years ago we could only choose between a top-end smartphone device or a seriously spec drained phone masquerading as smartphone. Everyone I know went for the top-end smartphone even if they didn’t plan to use half the features. I’ve always thought it was such a waste of money and a bit of a scam for those who just wanted a phone that would deliver them great picture and screen quality and that wouldn’t lag too much when they tried to check their Facebook feed. But these days the choices are almost endless – if you can’t afford a top-end phone or can’t be bothered with something that’s way above your user grade then there are loads of devices across the different brands that you will absolutely love.
These scaled down devices offer customers smaller screens (for those who can’t stand over-sized screens and devices that require two hands and a stylus to use), lighter weight and great specs at fabulous prices and it’s time that we started singing their praises. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is definitely one of the champions of this category and is the perfect phone for those want a small device that packs a serious punch. Here’s 5 things I absolutely love about this little device:
1. It’s big on real-estate – when it comes to screen size the Z1 Compact’s 4.3 inch screen is just right. The 1280 x 720 screen resolution also offers users a bright and crisp picture and it’s a pleasure to use even after long periods of time reading on the device.
2. A weight watchers dream – the little device feels great in your hand! It’s super lightweight and fits perfectly in your hand making it easy to use when texting and browsing the web.
3. It’s extremely snap happy – with its 20.7MP camera and 2MP front facing camera the Z1 Compact is great people who love to capture the world around them. A selfie lover’s dream this little device offers great picture quality when using the front-facing and main camera.
4. It’s tough as nails – the Z1 Compact is perfect for clumsy lasses. I love that the device is waterproof and can sit under water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 meters.
5. It comes in super fun colours – you can be boring and go for simple black or you can be adventurous and go for a white, pink or green and live large. I got to spot the pink one for a 2 months and while pink isn’t my colour it was kind of fun!
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is a great choice for ladies who want a sleek little number that can still keep up with their busy lives. With the Z1 compact there is no need to downgrade as you can get everything you need (and more!) in this super cute device.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact retails for R4115 on local online store Orange.com – click through to buy this item now.
After years of working as an Editor and writer for popular websites like Joburg’s Darling, Cape Town’s Darling and Joburg.co.za, Crystal left her sanity and an established career in lifestyle journalism behind to follow her dream of creating a website for the intellectual and discerning woman. Today she spends her time chasing the thrill of being the first to know about ‘the next big thing’. She’ll try anything once and has been known to put her body, hair and health on the line – all in the name of research.