Cape Town is undoubtedly one of the hotspots for travellers, both from across South Africa and abroad. That said, there’s no denying that it has become quite tricky (and pricey) to have some R&R in the Mother City, not to mention how busy and frantic is can get during this festive period.
But, just because the prices are skyrocketing and availability is as slim as ever, it doesn’t mean you can’t get to enjoy the scenic coastal city and its surroundings this season.
Setting your sights on the neighbouring area of Fish Hoek, for example, is a great idea, as you get to enjoy a unique, quieter seaside town, while also being a mere 40 minute drive from Cape Town’s CBD. Not to mention that Fish Hoek is one of the best whale-watching spots in the region!
Each of the 6 luxury apartments at A Whale of a Time are beautifully decorated and offer everything you need to make the most of your stay in Cape Town. With life’s little luxuries, such as satellite TV and WiFi, included in every suite, you’ll feel right at home at this cosy spot. What’s more, the unique holiday accommodation spot also caters for groups of all sizes. From couples looking for a cosy 2-sleeper, families of 4, there’s a suite to suit your needs at A Whale of a Time.
- Penguin – luxurious, spacious 1 bedroom apartment with magnificent sea view – sleeps two.
- Orca – a second elegant 1 bedroom apartment with an incredible view of the ocean – sleeps two.
- Dolphin –This open plan studio apartment with second bedroom. Ideal for two adults and two children.
- Beluga –A suite in a class all its own! Featuring stunning views overlooking the sea, two bedrooms, one adult bedroom and children’s room, and a large open-plan sun-lounge with fitted kitchen.
- Stone –The Stone Cottage is fully self-contained stone-built getaway, with a well-fitted kitchen and cosy lounge. It sleeps four adults.
- Neptune – This spacious Seaview garden apartment, being completely self-contained, is perfect for a family or a group of travelling friends.
Guests looking for a quiet escape from Cape Town’s busy beaches can also enjoy the on-site garden and cool off in the sparkling, salt-water swimming pool with views of the ocean in the horizon. Fish Hoek is also home to a variety of idyllic rock pools, which can be found just a stone’s throw away from A Whale of a Time.
So, make Fish Hoek, and A Whale of a Time, your home base for your next stay in Cape Town and experience the joys of seaside living at a fraction of the price!