Listen up ladies; braids aren’t just for preschoolers anymore, they’ve grown up and become THE hairstyle of the season. From a basic ‘school girl’ plait to a more relaxed waterfall loop braid there are so many styles to try. If you’re looking for something a little more sophisticated, yet simple for long locks, then the fishtail style is the perfect choice! We know what you’re thinking; “There’s no way I can successfully manage a fishtail braid!” But you can! Moroccanoil is making it easier than ever to master this braid and have put together a glam hair tutorial on how to create the perfect fishtail braid.
Follow the easy steps in this hair recipe and you’ll have a chic and sophisticated look to rock during the day or night.
How to Create a Fishtail Braid:
1. Part your hair as desired. Cocktail two pumps of Moroccanoil Treatment and one pump of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to create the perfect foundation for styling, nourishing the hair to make it manageable and soft.
2. Take a small amount of hair from the temples on each side of the head and tie them together loosely with a small elastic.
3. Flip the ends up and through the opening between the elastic and the head, and tighten by pulling the ends outward to slide the elastic up.
4. Repeat these steps to create the faux-French braid as you work down the head, adding small elastics and flipping the ends up and through until you reach the neck.
5. When you reach the neck, transition into a traditional fishtail braid. Split the hair into two sections. Take a small piece from the outside of the left section and cross it over to join the right section. Then take a small piece from the right section and cross it over to join the left.
6. Continue the fishtail braid until you reach the ends and secure with an elastic. Use your fingers to gently loosen the braid as desired. Set the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for lasting hold and beautiful luminous shine.